Can I write my own content in Q-script?
The simple answer: Yes!
Advanced users of XGASOFT products built on Quantum may wish to extend those products with their own additions that run in standard Q-script fashion. As with any code you write, this code is your own, and you can do what you want with it—commercially and noncommercially.
However, there are a few things you can’t do:
- You may not redistribute Quantum by XGASOFT in uncompiled form along with code you’ve created that relies on it to run.
- Essentially, this means you can sell any Q-based code you write as plain text, but you cannot sell Q along with it.
- You can, however, sell compiled programs built on both Q and your own additions.
- You may not feature the Powered by Quantum, by XGASOFT branding on your own code assets without written permission.
- Should you seek to obtain written permission to use this branding, you must submit your code for review.
- You may be requested to change certain parts of your code to make it fully standards-compliant before approval is given.
- Approval to use this branding does not create any formal partnership between XGASOFT and you.