Some updates include certain changes which require existing projects to be modified to retain compatibility with updated versions. This section documents those changes as well as the remedies to any incompatibilities they create.
- Added cutout ("notch") awareness for Android 9+ and iOS 11+ devices
- Android devices will now include cutout areas as part of the overall display resolution, which may result in slight layout changes with the new version of Xtend.
- iOS devices are unaffected, as the cutout area is always rendered by default.
- Mobile developers should now use
display_get_bbox_*functions when drawing UI elements to avoid rendering inside cutouts on relevant Android and iOS devices.
- Added mobile DPI scaling support
- Mobile devices may exhibit different scaling when using default settings. Customizing settings (or disabling DPI scaling) to restore previous behavior may be required.